Working in an office and having your desk cluttered with papers, planners, notes, phones, keyboards, monitors, etc. can be very irksome. A lcd monitor arm is the best solution to our limited work surface. Lcd monitor arm also let you “float” your monitor to your desired position enabling comfortable viewing.
Benefits of LCD Monitor arm
- The most obvious ergonomic reason for using monitor arms is to reduce the strain on your body. Your neck and eyes get to adjust the height, depth as well as the monitor’s angle to a very healthy and comfortable position. Your monitor should be positioned at a distance of about an arm’s length from your eyes while having the monitor’s top tilted slightly away from your viewpoint.
- No clutter: Getting your monitor to float above your desk allows for more workspace; you can now keep your family and friends photos as well as your coffee mug there!
- A treadmill desk: If you want to keep your treadmill on one side and your chair on the other side, every time you want to change from sitting to walking, you’ll end up sliding your monitors from one end to the other of your desk. Mounting dual monitors on an arm is the best option which may easily be maneuvered when changing sides.
- Versatility: Apart from just basic adjustments of depth, height, and angle, monitor arms also enable the change of mode from landscape to portrait. You can have your workstation as well as your working style customized.
- Adjustable height desk: Here again you may want to adjust your monitor’s viewing position for when you’re standing or sitting. A monitor arm will help you to make the adjustments easily.
Let’s have a look at some of the Ergotron lcd monitor arms designs to help you decide which one is the best for you.
Ergotron MXV Single Desk Monitor Arm
Ergotron MXV Dual Desk Monitor Arm
Style meets functionality with the Ergotron MXV Single Desk Monitor Arm. Designed with a modern “V” shape. This sleek and lightweight arm keeps your screen stable as you adjust it to your preference. Slimmer than our LX family, the MVX fits in tight spaces and contains the cable chaos with thoughtful cable management.
Ergotron HX Single Desk Monitor Arm
Ergotron HX Dual Desk Monitor Arm
The HX Monitor Arm is the perfect accessory to add flexibility and superior ergonomics to your monitor(s). The dual/triple hinge bow works with two 32″ or three 24″ monitors and includes a handle for easy positioning.
Ergonomic computing requires that you separate the screen from the keyboard for workspace adjustment and your comfort. Consult the experts for the best ways to use your laptop in an ergonomic way ensuring your safety and health.