Working in an office and having your desk cluttered with papers, planners, notes, phones, keyboards, monitors, etc. can be very irksome. A monitor arm is the best solution to our limited work surface. Above all the clutter, a monitor arm is just what you need to “float” your monitor to your desired position enabling comfortable viewing.
Benefits of LCD Monitor arms
- The most obvious ergonomic reason for using monitor arms is to reduce the strain on your neck and eyes you get to adjust the height, depth as well as the monitor’s angle to a very healthy and comfortable position. Your monitor should be positioned at a distance of about an arm’s length from your eyes while having the monitor’s top tilted slightly away from your viewpoint.
- No clutter: Getting your monitor to float above your desk allows for more workspace; you can now keep your family and friends photos as well as your coffee mug there!
- A treadmill desk: If you want to keep your treadmill on one side and your chair on the other side, every time you want to change from sitting to walking, you’ll end up sliding your monitors from one end to the other of your desk. Mounting dual monitors on an arm is the best option which may easily be maneuvered when changing sides.
- Versatility: Apart from just basic adjustments of depth, height, and angle, monitor arms also enable the change of mode from landscape to portrait. You can have your workstation as well as your working style customized.
- Adjustable height desk: Here again you may want to adjust your monitor’s viewing position for when you’re standing or sitting. A monitor arm will help you to make the adjustments easily.
Let’s have a look at some of the Monitor arms designs to help you decide which one is the best for you.
This is a perfectly sleek and streamlined design; enabling the re-positioning of your LCD with a simple touch. Back. Forward. Up. Down.
This allows you to position your monitor side-by-side or you can even have them adjusted independently of each other. You have the additional choice of whether you want to have them positioned side-by-side or vertically.
These are the perfect remedy for sitting disease which is contributing to life-threatening complications. Enabling users to alternate between sitting and standing; working comfortably will increase productivity. Both WorkFit-A, attaching to the back of the desk, and WorkFit-S, installed in front of the desk are perfectly compatible with the sit-stand area.
Ergonomic computing requires that you separate the screen from the keyboard for workspace adjustment and your comfort. Consult the experts for the best ways to use your laptop in an ergonomic way ensuring your safety and health.